Tuesday, October 25, 2011

GRANITE INN IMPROMPTU

I woke up this morning to the most gentle alarm. Breakfast will be served in fifteen minutes - which gives me just enough time to tell you about this amazing find in Rockland, Maine. I just stepped out of the jacuzzi in my bathroom at the Granite Inn. Down comforter and designer pillows grace my comfy queen bed, a window adorned in white linens and trim painted in the most beautiful sage...antique vanity and beadboard everywhere. I have my own little fireplace - which I used last night to dry my dainties (I didn't know I'd be staying overnight next door to Maine Authors Publishing, but I have one more meeting this a.m.  Lucky me!)

Last night for dinner I ate rustic, seeded bread from Atlantic Baking Company. I dipped it in the complimentary olive oil/balsamic vinegar set I found next to my water goblets and carafe in my room. Unbelievable with a cup of organic tea from the breakfast room down the hall.

My night here was unexpected. This morning, a breakfast menu appeared under my door: fresh fruit juice, ginger scones with cranberry chutney, quich lorraine, crab fritters with zesty tartar sauce, granola, oatmeal, local farm eggs to order, bacon, sausage, toast, bottled water, fresh-ground local coffee, and an assortment of teas. $105 dollars for all this. Next time I have business in Rockland, Maine - and it will be soon - I hope they can't fit all my meetings into one afternoon.  This is truly heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment